Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Who do YOU want to rock out to tonight?

 Tomorrow night, the top 9 will be singing songs from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So I checked out a site of the top 500 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame songs, and am picking songs out I'd like our contestants to sing. Sure, this idea of me choosing/predicting a song for them to sing isn't the most creative idea to blog about, for one of my RIDOL (Rival-Idol) bloggers has done this already... but I personally think my song choices are the real deal, and wanna give this blidologger (Blog-Idol-Blogger) some competition!
This is the site I chose my songs from: http://www.infoplease.com/ipea/A0150472.html
I'm hoping my girl Lauren Alaina will sing "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith, like she did for her audition that blew Steven away.
See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccinH3F8G8
This is where Steven Tyler, myself and hopefully the rest of America fell in love with this girl.
I have a feeling though that some others will feel the need to take on some Aerosmith songs to try and impress Mr. Tyler.
I could totally see James do a song like Aerosmith's "Dream on", but I'd rather see him sing something like KISS's "Rock and Roll all night" or Skynard's "Free Bird" I could also see James singing "Soul man" by Sam and Dave and tear it up. I think whatever he chooses, he will be fantastic as usual.
And from Scotty? Maybe a little Elvis "Hound dog"? Or some "Cocaine Blues" by Cash? That'll certainly get him some extra votes! ...........
Hoping that Paul sings "Nothing".. Ugh, Paul. Get ready some more Palpitating kneecap syndrome!! (is that possible??) But for real, maybe he will sing something like "End of the World" by R.E.M. or some Paul Simon "Graceland."
My hope is that my girlfriend Mama Mia Pia sings some Sister Sledge "We are Family" and get's the crowd pumped up... She needs to kick it up a notch... BAM! (Thanks Emerill)
And how cool would it be if Jacob sings Little Richard's "tootie frutie" ? That would be incredible! Or some James Brown? Jacob could really shine if he picks the right song.
Casey could really lift himself back up in the standings if he does something by Pink Floyd. It'd be cool if he did a rendition of "Money." I think Floyd fits his voice and all of America knows it is sing hard or sing home for this scruffy ginger!
For Haley, we've been hearing Randy and the judges ask for Haley to sing some Joplin. She would be a moron to not listen to them, so maybe some Joplin's "Crybaby" would be good? It would be fitting if she got the boot and had to sing it, but with judges using their save on Casey the freak, we no longer will be watching their contestant sing through their life through a crackled voice and salty tears.
I'd love to see some Sly and the Family Stone sung. Do you think Stefano could pull off some "Dance to the Music?" Or maybe he should try Stevie Wonder again and hopefully do a much better time than his last Wonder attempt.
Whatever the contestants choose, there is no question that we have some good talent! I love it. YO. DOG. So CHECK IT.....DUDE......... Should be a fun show as always.

See you out on the stage.


Samitz-Out

3 comments:

  1. Yo dawg, that was seriously mind blowing, most television and music journalists couldn't have done it better, so check it, you came back strong this week, keep it up dawg, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like one of my favorite blogs now dude! Keep it going!!

    ReplyDelete