Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Grab some popcorn ladies and gentlemen....It's movie night

Haley - Madonna - "I'm a Gambler" from Vision Quest. I think Hales is Madonna-esque, and she was good with Joplin, so let's see her seduce the audience by taking on the provocative sex icon, and shining.


Paul - If anyone had a time to shine, this is Paul's time. He needs to sing a really good song well to make it to next week. I'm thinking Simon and Garfunkel's "Mrs Robinson" from Forrest Gump. Paul could his own spin on it and make it sound great if he can gain control of his rapid kneecap movement. I would like Paul gone, but for some unknown reason, I've developed more patience with him.


Jacob - “If I end up in the bottom three it won’t be because I sang the song bad . . . it will be because everybody in America wasn’t ready to look at themselves in the mirror.”   Really Jacob???? This guy (guy?) Anyways, I have a perfect song for Jacob to sing. Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" from the movie The Bodyguard. Uber feminine (see below), perfect for him. I want Jacob gone, he becomes more cocky and feminine by the second.


James - With summer time approaching, it would be awesome if James sings Alice Cooper's "School's Out For Summer" from the movie Dazed and Confused. Could be incredible if he were to choose it. James is my frontrunner so I'm expecting a kick ass performance no matter what song he chooses.


Stefano - How about Ricky Martin's "Livin La Vida Loca" from Shrek? Stefano could give America some teeny tiny latin love from his 5'3" frame. (See Stefano below, circa 2009)


Lauren - Hoping Lauren will finally sing "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" like she did in the audition! It'd be perfect for her to sing the song from 1998 movie Armageddon, a movie that co-stars Steven's daughter Liz  (who is alongside Ben Affleck-J Lo might get hot)  I think Steven and the rest of America would love it if she pulls this one it out of her bag peaches.


Scotty - How bout a little "On The Road Again" by Willie Nelson from the Oscar winning Forrest Gump soundtrack? I think he could do a decent job at it, or maybe a great job, but I'm still having a difficult time buying the whole Scotty Country singer icon thingy.

Casey - I'm thinking Casey should sing George Harrison's "I Got My Mind Set On You" from Look Who's Talking Too. This could be a great song for Casey to sing. It is said that Casey was given a list of songs from the 100 crappiest movies of the past 5 decades, and this is what he chose....See the unkept bastard in the picture below :


Looking forward to the show tonight! See ya'll out on the field (or stage).

3 comments:

  1. The huge smoking pile of shit I took this morning didn't stink nearly as much as this show does, or Steven Tyler for that matter. Seriously Steven, close your legs, that fat girl can smell your funk from the back row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions! And is it just me..but is this the first year when idol had "Movie Soundtrack" night, and I had no idea what movies they came from. If they didn't post it on the bottom of the screen I would have been like.."what the hellz?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right!! Why the hell didn't they post what movie it was from!?1

    ReplyDelete