Friday, February 17, 2012

Idol Performance Challenge Hit's Sin City!


Top o’ the morning Idolismers!

Last night’s “Performance Challenge” in Sin City was off the chain! I’m really impressed with the talent this year. We’re trudging through this audition process, and you can really start to tell who is the real deal. It’s exciting!
You know how Randy said to the room of losers, “this is the toughest competition I’ve seen in the 11 years I’ve been on the show…” Says it every year… and you know all of the shattered contestants he’s telling it to think it’s a load of horse, but who really cares, they’re outta here! Watch them skate away, say “Later dude!” There better contestants out there that are more mashed potato smooth….
But for real, their are some legit contestants out there. I see quite a few darkhorses and many singers that are ready to punish their microphone...

Here's a picture of our fresh to death judges, who in this picture look like they're asleep... 



It’d be nice for me to run through all of the performances, but I’m saving my juicy and delicious commentary for when the real show begins, when America gets to vote..... I also don't want to shoot my load too early.....ha! Oy...

WHO IS IN IT TO WIN IT???

Memorable cats:

Reed Grimm: Goofy guy, seems funny and very charismatic. Great stage presence and voice. Beatbox abilities, a little scat scat scat scat scat (I’m a Scatman!) I like him, but what is the deal with his Rudolph the red nose? Yes for sure he has a schnoz (and I don’t believe he’s in the tribe), but his nose is always bright red as if he’s been rubbing it all day. It all up in your grill whenever he is on the screen! But more importantly, I think he will make it. But if he doesn’t, he can go back to being a nanny, which is what he actually does.



Young buck, Evan: with his lipstick kisses on his face. No rhythm, looked stiff and sounded fruity. Nice kid, but he’ll GET THE BOOT, soon. The group carried him and that’s the only reason he advanced….. He sounds like a skin flute. Here's Evan:



I enjoyed the Cowboy and Jermaine Jones duet. Two baritone voices, had you wonder, how is this going to sound? I wasn’t sure if they’d be able to pull it off, but I was pleasantly surprised. 
Jermaine Jones has a very warm Luther Vandross-esque voice… It’s deep, baby. 
And the Cowboy is really a trip! He is all affectionate and overly affectionate and would put his arm around Jermaine any chance he could get! Pat him on the shoulder, rub his shoulder, compliment him, and playfully tap him, try and shake his hand, rub him again… hilarious! Went overboard with it, touchy, feely.... creepy.
Have a gander at this picture of one of the 56 times Cowboy groped poor Jermaine:



I don’t think he is gay, just an awkard nerd, nice well mannered guy who means well and rocks a Cowboy hat.... But vocally, the Cowboy is nowhere near Scotty McCreery…. Yes, they wear the same hat, and yes I hated Scotty, aka Bobby from King of the Hill, and now I wouldn't minding stomping the new cowboy's face in the stage with my own cowboy boot! But I'll just relax.... He’ll be getting the boot from Steven Tyler and Company soon, so for now, I will just continue to laugh at him…. …
like the Asian Michael Bolton guy, Heejoon Lee did… He was funny as hell! Ripped on the Cowboy any chance he could get. It was hysterical at how great the production portrayed him. Classic! I hope to be seeing more of this guy…Not just because he is funny, but because he really has a nice voice! And I feel he will help Idol grow even more, by bringing an Asian viewership. KONICHIWA BITCHES!


The slick pony tails guys were weird as hell… Skeeved me out. They sang Elvis’s “Jailhouse” and looked like corny as hell. Great choreography, but a little too theatrical for me. I was surprised 3 of the 4 made it through.

Ummm... no.

Wow, omg… You won't believe this... My DVR jacked me up! An interruption during the recording and it stopped recording halfway through!
         Damnit man, I missed the whole second half of the show... that’s irked up! I’m pretty salty, but I guess I’m grateful I got to see some of it and hope all of you were able to catch it to it’s entirety. There is definitely some more talent out there that I’m sure would’ve struck my fancy, but it’s all gravy baby… more contestants for us to acknowledge in the next entry, so stay tuned and strap it on, because we are living it up in the wonderful world of Idolisms!

Keep on bringing your game. If you’re not in it to win it, then exit stage left.

Have a wonderful weekend!


Samitz…………OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment