Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Top 4 Are Hella Good!


It's the top 4 tonight, singing California and songs they wished they wrote.

Notorious BIG said, “I’m going going, back back to Cali Cali……” Well, let's go!

Randy and Andy
We both need new material…. It’s down to the top 4 (did I just use an oxymoron?)… Randy and Andy used to be the dopest tag team in Idolisms…..but let’s be real now, Idolismers; they say the same stuff! And it’s getting pretty freakin’ old!
Now, when Randy says “This is what it’s about,” it irks me…. And the “DUDE, YO, DOG” stuff, well I can’t really hate on that because that’s who Randy is and he is OFFICIAL. And also because I also say “dude” and “yo” a lot… but dude... yo, sometimes it too much.
With Andy, Seacrests Hair has no pop to it anymore. It’s no longer spiky, instead it’s flaccid. We need a new type of gel or something!
But, the true intention for the “Randy and Andy” special feature, is the reality that the Idolisms format is starting to get boring. I lost most my mojo and need it back! Where’d the flavor go? I know what I need to do! Pour on some some Cavender's seasoning, aka Bob’s pimp juice!!

            I got complacent… Haven’t been pouring 100% of my emotions into this anymore, and have just been coasting….. Peter Maxwell Davies once said “An audience shouldn’t listen with complacency.” I’m the top dawg in Idolisms and I need to hold myself accountable in order to stay in it to win it! It’s time to freshen up. Like taking a shower and then hopping into a bed of fresh sheets right out of the dryer…. YOOOOOOOO! That's niiiicceee!
So, Idolismers, I’m looking for some ideas. Criticism is wanted. Artistic thoughts are welcome. Pick me apart. Break me down, for it will provide with the courage to bring myself back up! 

I will be throwing up a couple of polls, which will hopefully fuel some creativity in the world of Idolisms. Idolisms is far out, man!
Now the iffy part: I know many Idolismers are sick and hilarious individuals, that have inappropriately amazing ideas, (have a gander at some of the comments in previous blog entries for an idea of what I’m referring to….FG [friggin genius]  js)…. But I’ve seemed to formulate this into a PG-13 blog… {yikes, that sucks man!} I don’t know why I chose that rating, for I’m totally more of an R-Rated type of cat…. Or maybe an X…. if you’re lucky! J
           
Now, on to the real stars! Skylar got the boot last week. She was a firecracker, but she unfortunately burned herself to death.

Oy!

Tonight’s first theme is “California Dreamin” I’m thinking the Beach Boys, hopefully some Red Hot Chili Peppers. I will be using some Cali slang tonight such as:  fo sho, hella, what it do, cupcakin, pop your collar, brahhh, gnarly, far out, epic, groovy, mobbin.

Second theme is “Songs They Wish they had written”, which sounds like a BS theme.

Top 4 Threads

Jessica, head huge on tooth pick body. She looks like an anorexic baby cow with her XXXS outfit. 
Josh is a clothing model showing off his two biggest endorsements in Breathe Right and Banana Replublic, Hollie has got on a stay mobbin’ pair of stilletto’s, and Philly Philly, well, he is just a plain guy.

Seacrest








ME TOO! The guy is just a beautiful human being. Hair gelled real nice tonight. No tie clip but mic will do.

The Judges


Randy has on of his crazy sports jackets that doesn’t match (but what the hell do I know, I’m colorblind), and Steven is actually the most normal looking one of the bunch tonight.
J Lo again decides to wear a stainless steel glitter pinada from Party Land. She’s got the Rhianna hairstyle going, except with hot pink lipstick. 







PHIL PHIL

Singing CCR’s “Have You Ever Seen The Rain,” another song I can play on my guitar (thanks Dad!) First note scared me… low and I liked his take on it and think it’s cool how he always has a saxophone in his songs. That gives him uniqueness, and is very similar to DMB, but in a good way. Great job Phil!

I usually say what the judges said right here, but meh, ultimately, it’s up to America…not the judges. So I’ll now only include the judges opinions when it’s worthy of writing about.

Hollie 

Singing Journey’s “Faithfully”, a song I love. I think Hollie can win it! She does a beautiful job and looks really pretty. Still, she was in the bottom 2 last week so she needs to do even better round two.

Josh 

Josh was a monster last week! He is the frontrunner in many Idolismers eyes. Tonight he is singing a fella with the same name, Josh Groban. The actual song is more of an operatic song, but Josh took the opera to a whole new level by taking it to church, and it was fantastic! I used to not like it when he took it, but it was perfectly inserted tonight. Great job Menthol Breathe Right! Far out!

Jessica
My little Sanchez is singing Etta James (RIP). I really liked hearing her sing the blues, because it was different than her usual Beyonce/Christinaish. But I’m sure the teenie boppers didn’t know the song, let alone who Etta James is. She is a little cutie, but the song wasn’t a bright choice. First round boot FO SHO.

Jessica seduced me with those sexy eyes!

Round 2, Songs they wish they wrote. Hmm...

Phil Phil

He is singing Damian Rice, continuing on the cali theme of Round one (Rice-a-roni, the San Francisco treat?) He’s got the guitar out, which is where I think he shines the most. He got the audience to clap, which is always healthy. But I didn’t love it at all and think Round 1 way better for him. He could be in bottom 2, but I have 4:1 odds so I could say that about each contestant.

Hollie 
She is singing “I can’t make you love me.” I already do, but I feel like America doesn’t… I know there are esteemed Idolismers out there that think she is gnarly. I didn’t think she was bad, but it wasn’t her best, and I was bummed because my prediction of her as a winner was diminishing. I wanted to listen to what the judges said, only to hear Steven pick on her because she isn’t American and he instead thinks of her as an inbred daughter of a leprechaun. 

And Randy said it was the wrong song choice, but “she can really blow.” Haha, awesome.

Josh
He is singing James Brown's“A Man’s World” and I know he is going to OWN IT! 

Josh has been hella groovy, vocally lights out! And so dramatic when he sings, makes you wanna pop your colla and holla!             

It started off interesting with Jessica’s cousins playing the violin, but got better and better as it went on. This song was perfect for him and right now, I feel he is definitely the most talented singer in the competition.
Standing O from judges, lot’s of Yo’s and goosies. Josh Ledet is the truth!

Jessica
She is singing Jennifer Holiday…. I’m guessing Jessica’s peers didn’t know it, and why did she sing the chorus only at the end of the song? That is the best part. But her last note she held was long as hell and amazing! She is a certain 2nd place in round 2 just from that note. She was so passionate, a little too much growl, but she really wore the song like a sleeve... Speaking of sleeve,  My favorite part about her performance was that she was wearing one sleeve, like Allen Iverson.




















Bottom 2 predictions: Phil and Hollie. America will probably vote off Hollie over Phil, but I would love to see her stick around and let Phil go back home and get his Mexican food.

What a night! It gets better each week. Can you believe we are going to be down to the top 3? This has been an incredible ride on Space mountain in the world of Idolisms. Wow! These kids need to keep up the good work and continue to ride this wave of notes. Idolisms is epic.

Samitz. OUT

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to see Jessica gone - cocky little teeny bitch bopper. Why no criticism of her singin Etta James. She couldn't put the needle on Etta's Victrola!! Phil did not help himself with the last number. Whoever heard that one??? Josh is the killer - 2 for 2, and if he isn't the Idol this year, I think I might drop viewing to being a 'Voice' only viewer. Holly -still not exciting. Judges are just a bit better. They show bias with every utterance and lack originality (although I'll give them a pass since they have to say the same crap 2 x a week for 2 hours each time)
    Keep up the good blog and fight the good fight!

    ReplyDelete