Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Contestants to Perform Leiber and Stoller Songs

And then there was 4.... Lauren, James, Haley and Scotty.....

    On this lovely Wednesday night, the contestants will perform songs from the Lieber and Stoller Songbook. Now, many of you might be scratching your head thinking, Leiber who? (I know, I did the too.)
    At first, my judge-mentality was aroused and immediately caused me to think negatively and question this theme choice. I was already carelessly assuming that tonight's show would suck, until I researched these fellas and found out that Lyricist Jerome "Jerry" Leiber and Composer Mike Stroller were both very accomplished and wrote 24 songs that appeared in the US charts during the Post- World War II era (Sergeant MW, RIP). 

    See this picture of Mike (left) and Jerry (right), fresh after a doobie session:


Some songs you may know:

  • "Yackety Yack" by The Coasters - Whenever I hear this song, I'm reminded of John Candy (RIP) and Dan Ackroyd in The Great Outdoors...truly a classic!
  •  "Jailhouse", "Hound Dog" and other quintessential songs by "The King" Elvis.
!!!!!!!!!! In the picture we see Elvis, with a severe case of "Moose Knuckles"...... <throw up taste in mouth>
  • "There Goes My Baby" by The Drifters


Tons of great songs to choose from! But will the contestants choose the right ones? Which one will flourish? We shall see, tonight, LIVE! On American Idol.....................

See ya on stage. 
Samitz...............OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment